Volvo/2006 xc90 wont shift out of park

Question
So on warm days we have no problems with the shifter but on cold days our 2006 xc 90 will not come out of park. It takes many tries but eventually it will. There doesn't seem to be any other issues with it but that. Any suggestions will be highly appreciated. Thanks

Answer
I have seen the brake switch do this sometimes its ajustment other times the switch .When you depress the brake pedal do you here the solenoid click at the shifter .Sometimes that solenoid will get lazy but the the brake switch first .. Hope this helps rob ...  

Volvo

robert white