Volvo/2006 xc90 wont shift out of park

So on warm days we have no problems with the shifter but on cold days our 2006 xc 90 will not come out of park. It takes many tries but eventually it will. There doesn't seem to be any other issues with it but that. Any suggestions will be highly appreciated. Thanks

I have seen the brake switch do this sometimes its ajustment other times the switch .When you depress the brake pedal do you here the solenoid click at the shifter .Sometimes that solenoid will get lazy but the the brake switch first .. Hope this helps rob ...  

robert white

I can answer any kind of Volvo question to do with automotive repair on Volvo from mid 1980s to present .

30 plus years Volvo experience and have been in the automotive industry my whole life

schooled in uk went to south London tech city and guilds in automotive science and masters in electrical engineering .