Volvo/Question on volvo

I have a 1998 Volvo s90, base model, and I amhaving a hard time fixing a high idle problem, it idles at 1000-1200 rpm's .. I've replaced the idler sensor, cleaned throttle body etc, severalechanics have gone thru the codes and checked sys, but to no avail. What could be wrong ?

If the throttle is ajusted properly ,and the micro switch is set ok i would have to go with air leak .It is hard to put into words the ajustment ,and i am sure you can find it on you tube .If that is ok i have seen the intake leak especially at cylinder no1 .. hope this helps .

robert white

I can answer any kind of Volvo question to do with automotive repair on Volvo from mid 1980s to present .

30 plus years Volvo experience and have been in the automotive industry my whole life

schooled in uk went to south London tech city and guilds in automotive science and masters in electrical engineering .