Volvo/95 VOLVO 850 GLT

Question
I just test drove this car with 80,000 miles on it. Never have driven a Volvo before, don't know if this is common to this mfg or some possible transmission prob. From a stop the car has a slight hesitation, very slight. Otherwise shifts great. Automatic engine. Just want to know this one answer please. Thanks

Answer
sluggish take off is not normal ,but not always trans may be engine in need of a tuneup.I would need a little more info on what you mean by sluggish ,if there are no check engine lights on and you can se the check engine indicator when you turn on the ignition that is a good sign .If taken care of the trans is reliable ,Hesitation unless you feel it slipping points more towards the engine .Hope this helps a little ..

Volvo

robert white