Volvo/95 VOLVO 850 GLT

I just test drove this car with 80,000 miles on it. Never have driven a Volvo before, don't know if this is common to this mfg or some possible transmission prob. From a stop the car has a slight hesitation, very slight. Otherwise shifts great. Automatic engine. Just want to know this one answer please. Thanks

sluggish take off is not normal ,but not always trans may be engine in need of a tuneup.I would need a little more info on what you mean by sluggish ,if there are no check engine lights on and you can se the check engine indicator when you turn on the ignition that is a good sign .If taken care of the trans is reliable ,Hesitation unless you feel it slipping points more towards the engine .Hope this helps a little ..

robert white

I can answer any kind of Volvo question to do with automotive repair on Volvo from mid 1980s to present .

30 plus years Volvo experience and have been in the automotive industry my whole life

schooled in uk went to south London tech city and guilds in automotive science and masters in electrical engineering .