Volvo Repair/2002 volvo v70 xc

Question
i brought the car in because there was a fuel smell in the rear and they found a leak and
replaced the fuel pump

there's also little pause and what sounds like a catch when i turn it on .... just for a fraction of a second and it turns over fine...     i'm  told that the timing belt has some cracks.  $1200 to replace it...does this sound necessary?  worthwhile?  car has 110k miles  thanks

Answer
Timing belt in Chicago is around $650-700. Not sure what they will do for 1200 if only timing belt is high . Drive to Chicago I do for you for $450. :) . I do t think your timing belt will fix that problem what you. Feel but if it has cracks timing belt is due every 10 years or 105000 miles . You can have problem with car battery or stater motor making that delay. I assume fuel pump was free replaced !

Make donation to my reply by donating with PayPal  if you can feel free to follow up thanks .

Volvo Repair

Volvo Mechanic Chicago