Walking/walking after lunch/dinner

Dr.Bharath Narendra .s wrote at 2013-02-16 18:52:42
I'am an Ayurvedic doctor........ Walking about 100 steps/taking a stroll after a meal is good. it helps to reduce weight. the same if done in excess leads to Digestion problems & Joint Disorders.

For more info read "". This's an article from the US National Library of Medicine & National Institutes of Health.

Hope This was of some help,

Dr.S.Bharath Narendra.

Scott Demaree

I can answer questions about training, physiology, nutrition, technique, equipment and injury prevention. My background is not medical, so I will not be able to answer detailed questions about injury treatment. However, during 30 years of endurance exercise I have had a few injuries so I feel qualified to talk about things that have worked for me and others.

I have been a long distance runner since 1978 and took up racewalking in 1982. More recently, I have worked as a certified personal trainer helping people with a wide range of exercise needs. Last year, I coached several people to successfully finish the Breast Cancer 3-Day Walk in Dallas (60 miles in three days).

American College of Sports Medicine, American Council on Exercise, National Science Teachers Association

Journal articles associated with my graduate work with me as the primary author were published in the Journal of Nutrition, Acta Physiologica Scandanavica. Additionally, I co-authored the chapter on exercise metabolism in ACSM's Resource Manual for Guidelines for Exercise Testing and Prescription, 4th Edition. Finally. I co-authored a book for beginning marathon runners (Marathoning 101).

I have recent Master's degrees in Exercise Science from Wichita State University and Nutrition from Texas A&M University.

I won national championships in the 1986 100-Kilometer Racewalk and the 1989 24-Hour Run.