Walt Disney World/transport to downtown disney

We will be staying at WDW for the first time this Easter.  We are staying at the Caribbean hotel on the resort. We are not planning to get a car but don't want to waste a lot of money on taxis.  Can we get a ferry or shuttle bus from the hotel to the Port Orleans resort then from there catch a bus to the down town Disney area.  Also from down town Disney area can we catch a bus to international drive and universal/ seaworld?

Hi Deborah,
   The Disney transportation buses will take you from the Caribbean Beach Resort to Downtown Disney. You don't need to go to either of the Port Orleans resorts in order to visit DTD. Yes, you can then take a bus to SeaWorld. Catch the Lynx bus #50 at DTD. It has a stop near SeaWorld. for more info.

You can also use Mears transportation for $19 roundtrip, per person. Mears will pick you up at your resort.

To take a taxi you will pay approximately $20 - $30 each way. You can catch a taxi at your resort as well.

Expect to pay your driver a gratuity when using Mears or a taxi service.
The bus service will be cheaper ($2.00 for one way service per person) than a taxi or a private company. But it may not be the fastest! Easter is peak season and the crowds in Orlando will be large making travel slower.

Have a great time! Julie

Walt Disney World

Julie Shepherd

I am an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner, working for a travel agency whose niche is Disney Destination Travel. I can answer questions in detail about Disney World resorts, parks, restaurants, transportation, Disney Cruise Line, Disneyland and Disney's Aulani in Hawaii. I can help you decide when is the best time to go, how to get there, where to stay and where to dine. I can give you tips from navigating around the parks, to what to wear. Also, I keep current on all Disney's discount offers - always looking to help you save money.

I've traveled to Disney World and sailed Disney Cruise Line for a total of 40 plus trips. Also, I've stayed at Disney's newest resort in Ko' Olina, Hawaii. I've planned and booked many guests vacations, but I especially enjoy planning Disney honeymoons and trips for Disney first timers. I've either toured or stayed at every Disney hotel on property, and eaten at many of their restaurants. I've also vacationed at several beaches in Florida and Universal Studios as well. I've traveled with young children, teenagers, adults, and with a special needs child.

Member of CLIA and IATAN.

Graduate of The College of Disney Knowledge. Attended many Agent Education Programs at Walt Disney World and Disney Cruise Line. Also, participated in several Agent Education Programs sponsored by Magical Travel. I'm a travel agent for Magical Travel, on the web at and