Walt Disney World/Disney World crowds

We are trying to find the least crowded time to bring our nieces to Disney World. How is the week of December 17 - 21st. The other week we have is December 31 -Jan. 7th. Which week would be the least crowded and how does it compare to summer?

Thanks for checking with us.

December 17-21st or January 2-7 are your best bet (with January being less crowded but less festive).

I would highly recommend not being there December 31 or January 1.  It is among the most crowded of days at the park.  They often hit capacity and have park closing.

Happy travels

Please accept our apologies in the delay, our office was without power due to the hurricane.

Walt Disney World

Sandy Nussbaum

I am a Disney Destinations Specialist. I am happy to answer questions on Disney World, Disney Cruise Line & Adventures by Disney. As an owner of a Disney Exclusive Travel agency,, we are on top of current promotions, park schedules, special events and more.

As an annual passholder, Disney enthusiast and College of Disney Knowledge graduate, I am able to help with any Disney travel questions

College of Disney Knowledge graduate

I have been interviewed by both local newspapers and national magazines as a Disney Specialist