Walt Disney World/Disney in January

Question
QUESTION: Can you tell me how busy Disney World is in early January?  We are planning on going after the 1st of the year with 3 young kids and want to be prepared.

ANSWER: Hi Steve,

That's actually a great time to visit Walt Disney World, my projections show very low crowds in the parks from around Sunday the 6th until the Marathon weekend starts the following Saturday. Of course Sunday is the last night of the Osborne Dancing lights at Hollywood studios so be sure not to miss it!

QUESTION: Thanks for the reply. Are the 3rd, 4th, and 5th busy?

Answer
Hello Steve,

Yes it will still be very busy on the 3rd, you'll find the crowds steadily decrease after new years until about the 6th, some people arrive for new years and extend the vacation for the first week or so to avoid the maximum crowds that descend upon Disney World during the Holidays.  While the parks may not be as crowded as they are between Christmas and New Years eve they will still be very busy so if this is your main concern I would recommend shifting your dates a bit and you'll have a much more enjoyable park experience.  

Walt Disney World