Walt Disney World/motorized wheel chair

Question
I am bringing my friend to Disney World this week. She has cancer and was asked what would be on her bucket list.  The first thing she said was to go to Disney World.  I am concerned about whether there will be a motorized wheel chair available for her to rent.  What is the best way to rent  one just for one day?

Answer
First, I am so sorry to hear about your friends diagnosis.  The easiest way for one day is to rent a scooter for a day at the park.  If it were longer, offsite companies are a better deal.  I would also highly suggest you stop in at guest services to pick up an assistance pass and a disabilities map so you will know which attractions she will have to get out of the scooter for and where you can go for parades.

Enjoy the magic

Walt Disney World

Sandy Nussbaum