Walt Disney World/Disney in 1 day

Hi, we are a family of 5, kids ages: 6, 4, 22 months.  Going to Disneyworld for 1 day ( in first week of April 2012) and for 1 day to Universal.  Questions:  1.should we bring Junior at all?  (we have the option to bring grandparents or leave him with them). 2.What is the best way to get the most out of both parks in such short time?  3.Are there discounts for buying tickets to both parks?  4.Are there budget-friendly places to eat?  Our "must do" list:  photos with princesses, Starwars, Pirates of the Carrebbean.  Any help will be great, thanks!

Hi Gabi,
 Doing Disney World in one day can be a challenge without the right planning. I would suggest using a touring plan. There are online sites that offer this service. Arriving at the parks early is another key to making the most of your day.

Disney is geared for children of all ages, and I'm sure you would enjoy watching Junior's reaction to the characters and rides just as much as you would your older children. I also think Junior would enjoy Disney whole heartily. I would suggest taking him. But, you could make better time I'm sure, without one extra child. Any chance the grandparents could go along to help with the children?

No, there are no discounts for purchasing tickets to both parks. Universal and Walt Disney World are two differently owned theme parks.

You won't find any "budget" friendly places to eat on property, but you will spend less by eating at the quick service locations in the parks compared to the table service restaurants. I would also suggest bringing some bottled water and snacks in a back pack into the parks with you.

With such a short amount of time, I would certainly take advantage of using one of the touring plans online. This way you can be sure to hit many of the attractions on your "must do" list.

Have a great time! Julie

Walt Disney World

Julie Shepherd

I am an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner, working for a travel agency whose niche is Disney Destination Travel. I can answer questions in detail about Disney World resorts, parks, restaurants, transportation, Disney Cruise Line, Disneyland and Disney's Aulani in Hawaii. I can help you decide when is the best time to go, how to get there, where to stay and where to dine. I can give you tips from navigating around the parks, to what to wear. Also, I keep current on all Disney's discount offers - always looking to help you save money.

I've traveled to Disney World and sailed Disney Cruise Line for a total of 40 plus trips. Also, I've stayed at Disney's newest resort in Ko' Olina, Hawaii. I've planned and booked many guests vacations, but I especially enjoy planning Disney honeymoons and trips for Disney first timers. I've either toured or stayed at every Disney hotel on property, and eaten at many of their restaurants. I've also vacationed at several beaches in Florida and Universal Studios as well. I've traveled with young children, teenagers, adults, and with a special needs child.

Member of CLIA and IATAN.

Graduate of The College of Disney Knowledge. Attended many Agent Education Programs at Walt Disney World and Disney Cruise Line. Also, participated in several Agent Education Programs sponsored by Magical Travel. I'm a travel agent for Magical Travel, on the web at and