Walt Disney World/Trip for Just Under 3 Year Old

Question
Hi Thumper,
Ware planning a trip in mid to late May (we are flexible).  Our little girld will be 3 months shy of 3 years at the time of travel.  Could you recommend which parks/rides would be best for her?  I am thinking of a one park per day, 4 day ticket.  Your recommendations will inform this decision.  Any tips on getting a discount at the Polynesian would be great, too!

Answer
Mopsy...

First off, I would go with Mid-May... a couple of weeks before summer will make a world of difference as far as crowds go... you will be past the Spring Break madness, and before the Summer Rush...

As far as the rides your little girl can ride, you are pretty safe across the board at Magic Kingdom... obviously, the Mountains (Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, Big Thunder) will be out... they have height restrictions... everything else, you should be fine... she can ride with you guys and be amazed... i would suggest that you take care with Haunted Mansion, though.. personal experience there... my daughter's first ride on that was when she was 2 1/2, and she FREAKED OUT in the stretch room at the beginning... but only because it went pitch black and the thunder clap was "too loud!!!" After that, we explained that this was all fun, that the ghosts were 'friendly and having a party' and she laughed all the way through it...

Animal Kingdom has height restrictions on the River Raft ride... and Everest, of course... other than that, she will love the shows and rides... there may be height restrictions on the coaster at DinoLand, but I honestly cannot remember what the height is...

The Studios will be fine except for the Tower of Terror and Rock n Roller Coaster...

I will be honest with you about Epcot... with the exception of Living Seas with Nemo, and maybe Spaceship Earth, there's not a lot for little kids... unless you REALLY want to see Epcot, spend that extra day re-visiting some favorite stuff back at Magic Kingdom, or try a water park at WDW...

If you are staying at the Poly, the only really good discount is with AAA, the auto club... it is a high $$$ resort, and they keep it that way because of the quality of the resort...

Any other questions? I would love to help you get the most out of your trip!

Thumper D

Walt Disney World

Thumper D