Walt Disney World/travel time from OKW and WL

My family is going to WDW in May. We have several dinning res. My issue is that my sister will be dinning with us and she will be staying at a different resort. I need the est travel times from OKW to chef mickey and 1900 park fare. Both are breakfast around 9:30.

This will be our first time staying in WL so I would also like the transit times from WL to AK, since we have a early dinner (6:45) at the poly for ohana.

Hi Kasey,

I assume you're talking about using Disney transportation???  If you have cars, the travel times are no big deal....15 minutes for the breakfasts and maybe 20 for the trip to AK after dinner at 'Ohana.

Using buses, coming from OKW your best bet is to take the Magic Kingdom Bus and then transfer to either the boat or monorail to get to Contemporary for Chef Mickey's or Grand Floridian for 1900 Park Faire.  I'd allow an hour, but that should get her there on time.  Buses should be running every 20 minutes, so if she *just* missed one it could be 20 minutes for the next one.  The bus ride should only take 15-25 minutes, depending on whether she's the first or the last stop within OKW.  From MK she can walk to Contemporary in 10 minutes, or get there by monorail in about the same time.  The monorail to Grand Floridian will take longer, as it will stop at Contemporary, Ticket/Transportation Center, Poly and then Grand Floridian - figure a good 15-20 minutes in case of having to wait.  

From Poly to AK (Animal Kingdom)I don't understand your question because AK closes fairly early.  With a 6:45 dinner at 'Ohana the buses may not still be running to Animal Kingdom.  If you're talking about Animal Kingdom LODGE (not the park), then from Poly go back to Magic Kingdom and hop on the bus to AKL.  It's about a 20-25 minute bus ride, plus whatever wait time for the next bus....I'd plan up to an hour total from Poly to AKL.

Another option is a cab - not free, but fastest.

Sue Holland Rayford

Walt Disney World

Sue Holland

I can answer just about anything relating to the Florida Disney parks - including the resorts & Downtown Disney. As a Disney Vacation Club member, I`m very familiar with that program as well. I love the resorts as much as the theme parks - especially the attention to detail and the friendly service provided