Walt Disney World/Halloween in downtown Disney

Question
Hello Sue,
I am visiting Disney this oct. and I'm wondering whether downtown Disney still hosts  activities, games and trick or treating on Halloween night. If not can you recommend somewhere other than the mnsshp. We are doing that on the following night. Thank! Matt

Answer
Hi Matt,

The Halloween activities/treats at Downtown Disney will most likely remain a thing of the past.  I'd heard there were so many locals coming out, that basically ruined it.  With parking so difficult on the best of days, anything that brought in hordes of more cars was a nightmare, and Disney isn't in business to provide free events to non-Disney guests so it wasn't surprising when it ended (sadly just like the fireworks they used to do over there on 4th of July).  

Last year the Boardwalk resorts (Inn and Villas) had some activities, including a little trick or treating.  Again, it's intended for Disney resort guests but not necessarily only those staying at Boardwalk, and as long as you can get over there nobody will be checking for resort ID.  Be aware parking could be a challenge if you drive your car.  

It's possible some of the other resorts might have a small celebration, but none are really set up like the Boardwalk to be ideal for activities like that!

Sue Holland Rayford

Walt Disney World

Sue Holland