Walt Disney World/How soon can you book a vacation

I am looking at booking a vacation to Disneyworld in March 2015. How soon can thisbe booked? It will be my 50th Birthday and my grandson's 4th birthday. There would be 1 to 2 kids and 4 adults..

Hi Ginger,
  Congratulations to both of you! Never too early to start planning! Traditionally, Disney will release package prices for the next year in mid to late summer of the year before. So, for dates in 2014, you can look for them to be released summer of 2013. And for dates in 2015 you can look for packages to be released in the summer of 2014.

But, it is possible to make a room-only reservation 499 days in advance with a non-guaranteed rate. You can change the reservation to a package after the 2015 rates are released in summer of 2014.

Enjoy the Magic of planning!

Walt Disney World

Julie Shepherd

I am an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner, working for a travel agency whose niche is Disney Destination Travel. I can answer questions in detail about Disney World resorts, parks, restaurants, transportation, Disney Cruise Line, Disneyland and Disney's Aulani in Hawaii. I can help you decide when is the best time to go, how to get there, where to stay and where to dine. I can give you tips from navigating around the parks, to what to wear. Also, I keep current on all Disney's discount offers - always looking to help you save money.

I've traveled to Disney World and sailed Disney Cruise Line for a total of 40 plus trips. Also, I've stayed at Disney's newest resort in Ko' Olina, Hawaii. I've planned and booked many guests vacations, but I especially enjoy planning Disney honeymoons and trips for Disney first timers. I've either toured or stayed at every Disney hotel on property, and eaten at many of their restaurants. I've also vacationed at several beaches in Florida and Universal Studios as well. I've traveled with young children, teenagers, adults, and with a special needs child.

Member of CLIA and IATAN.

Graduate of The College of Disney Knowledge. Attended many Agent Education Programs at Walt Disney World and Disney Cruise Line. Also, participated in several Agent Education Programs sponsored by Magical Travel. I'm a travel agent for Magical Travel, on the web at and