Walt Disney World/Disney in Florida

What is the best guide book to the parks?
Is it cheaper to buy park passes ahead or when you get to Florida?

Hi Donna!
  Sorry to be so late answering your question; it seems it never reached my mail box the first time it was sent :(
  In my opinion, Passporter is hands down the best Disney guide book--and I've read many of them! I prefer the Deluxe edition because of the convenience: if you are going (for example) to Animal Kingdom, you can take just those pages out of the book for the day, and put them back in the book (it's like a looseleaf binder) at the end of the day. It also makes it very easy to get your trip organized. There are MANY pockets and places to jot down your dining reservations, lodging info, every penny you spent on meals and snacks, memories of your trip, things you would do different next time, etc. The book is constantly updated throughout the year, and you can check out the updates on line at If you register your guidebook at the Passporter web site (no matter where you purchase it) you can get discounts on future purchases.
  Tickets should be pretty much the same price, unless you buy them just before a price increase. Prices just went up in early June, so you should be OK for another year. Keep in mind that if you want to take advantage of things like Disney's free dining, you have to buy a package from Disney.  

Walt Disney World

Anne Stepien

Travelling with children, money saving tips, WDW resorts, WDW dining, Theme park questions. I have also done WDW in an ECV so I can answer some questions re: trips with injured or handi-abled people.

Extensive travel to WDW (16 trips and counting) with children ranging from 2 to 19.
My motto is "Been there, done that, going back!" I am also a moderator at, and a frequent contributor to discussion boards at wdwmagic,preservethemagic, passporter,wdwblues,and The Mouse For Less. I can also offer some assistance with Disney weddings/honeymoons, WDW with disabilities or injuries.

Buffalo Academy Of the Sacred Heart 1975 Erie Community College-City Campus AAS-Nursing SUNYAB-Nursing