Walt Disney World/Thanksgiving

Hi Brad
I am looking for guidance in planning a trip to Disney for Thanksgiving 2013. I want to stay at the Polynesian but was hoping the free dining plan would be in effect. Any thoughts?

Hi Sue,

Sorry for the delay I was out of the office this past week.   The good news is yes you can get free dining over Thanksgiving but you may have to book a trip starting the 23rd to get the free dining since officially it's only officially offered from the 11th-23rd of November.  However, if you arrive on the 23rd you lock in the deal for the entire trip as long as you do not change rooms.

Now finding a room at the Polynesian over the holiday week is not as easy especially only a few months out.  I did check on the Disney travel agent portal and did not see any availability for the 23rd-30th at the Poly, but there are still rooms available at the Grand Floridian and The Beach Club resorts.  I can tell you from working with other clients recently for those dates many resorts and room class are already sold out. (In fact I was unable to find ANYTHING in DVC on points for the 27-30th when I searched for myself!)

However, if you must have the Poly, and no other hotel will do there's still hope. :-)  There are outside (read Non-Disney) vendors who buy blocks of rooms and sell them as packages to travel agents and the public but you may not be able to get the free dining with those, and you may be forced to bundle airfare with the room. I've used several of these in the past mostly without incident. Please ask your travel agent to look into these options for you when you book your trip.  

Walt Disney World