Walt Disney World/WDW in July

So I have my mindset already that I am going to WDW during the busiest and hottest time of the year. Unfortunately it's the only time we can go. Need advice to make this trip as pleasurable as possible. Is it a good idea to visit the parks when they have the extra magic hour or avoid them because everyone will be going there? Any tips for Coronado Springs where we are staying? Any particular day of the week when crowds are less? Best place to eat in each park? Any other advice is appreciated. Thank you

Hi Chris,

In hot/humid July your best bet is to visit the parks later in the day - like around dinner time, when the sun will be setting a couple/few hours later.  Generally in July some of the parks will be open late, and it's more comfortable when the sun isn't beating down on you.  First thing in the morning is good too, but it'll still be very hot/humid by 10am and the crowds will be building, so your "nice" period is much shorter than it is in the evening.  Unlike Disneyland in CA, the day of the week doesn't really make a difference in the crowds.  Extra Magic Hours does make the park a bit more crowded than normal, but it can be worth it if you're planning to leave the park mid-morning or planning to stay through the end of the evening extra magic hours.  

Coronado Springs is a great resort!  It's very large, so you might want to make a request based on what's most important to you - near the main building (for food court/restaurant), near a bus stop, near the main pool (or not).  No room should be too far from one of the bus stops, but if you're planning to make frequent trips to the food court to refill your soda mugs then you probably don't want a room that's a 1/2 mile walk away from there.  I always request an upper floor, to avoid the noise of people upstairs, but some people like the convenience of ground floor.  

For dining, I would check the menus on the Disney website or on www.allearsnet.com (dining section) to see what's of interest to your family.  There are many great places to eat, but it's hard to recommend one without knowing you.  Reservations open up 180 days in advance, so at this point some reservations will be impossible to get (assuming you're going in July 2015).  Among the more popular places in each park - consider Flame Tree BBQ (counter service) in Animal Kingdom, Plaza (table service) at Magic Kingdom, & Sci Fi (table service or 50's Prime Time Cafe (table service) at the Studios.  At Epcot most places are good, although Electric Umbrella (counter service) and Garden Grill (table service) are very low on my list.  You can do better!  There are also great options in the resorts around the Magic Kingdom and those around Epcot (Boardwalk, Yacht Club, Beach Club) so consider those as well.  

Have a great trip!
Sue (Holland) Rayford

Walt Disney World

Sue Holland

I can answer just about anything relating to the Florida Disney parks - including the resorts & Downtown Disney. As a Disney Vacation Club member, I`m very familiar with that program as well. I love the resorts as much as the theme parks - especially the attention to detail and the friendly service provided