Walt Disney World/upgrading to a different resost

Hello.. I am coming to Disney Sept 8-15 2015 and was wondering how to upgrade the resort I am staying at..We are staying at Pop Century. My son is a correctional officer and he really needs this vacation. He keeps people safe by watching prisoneers all day long. I would like to upgrade to a moderate or deluxe resort..How much would it cost.Dont have much money but want to suprise my family..Thank you very much for your time in looking into this matter..Carla Johnpiere.

Hi Carla,

There are no discounts or special deals for correctional officers, and Disney won't upgrade anyone from one resort to a nicer resort for free.  You didn't say how you made your Pop Century reservation, but to switch to a moderate or deluxe you'd follow the same process.  If you used a Travel Agent, you have to contact that travel agent.  If you booked directly with Disney, you can contact them directly.  You can check availability and pricing for any of the resorts at to narrow your options to help make your final decision.  

In terms of cost, value rooms can run as low as $100 depending on the time of year & the resort, while some of the deluxe will run you over $500 for a single room.  There's a wide range, and they can vary day by day, so you'd need to check it out on the Disney site to know for sure.

Good luck finding the perfect resort for your trip, and don't delay.  While September in general is a slower month, it's only a couple months away so you may already be shut out of some places.

Sue Holland

Walt Disney World

Sue Holland

I can answer just about anything relating to the Florida Disney parks - including the resorts & Downtown Disney. As a Disney Vacation Club member, I`m very familiar with that program as well. I love the resorts as much as the theme parks - especially the attention to detail and the friendly service provided