How to Get What You Want in Life/shift work

Question
For the last few years I have worked the evening shift, 5pm-1am.
Although my health has not really taken a turn for the worse, (I have hypertension which is controlled and sleep apnea I am on a CPAP machine), I have gained weight, am a bit more depressed at times, and have been drinking more on my off days.
I had the opportunity to take a day shift, 11am -7pm and took it. I cant find much info on the effect  of shift work on health. Do you think moving to this shift will be a positive step?

Answer
Hi Bud,

Hypertension and sleep disorder can be secondary such as created by you and your emotions/ thinking etc.

When you travel from US to country like India who is 11hours ahead than US time then you face Zed lag and all your body system were altered with day and night difference. Usually it tooks couple of weeks  to came out to normal routine. Same thing happens when you came from India to US.

Our body will adapt things but it took time.there will be effect of shift change in your life and health but your body will adapt the new time .

My suggestion and not prescription (consult physician before taking any medicine): to get your body know your sleeping time , take any OTC sleeping AID i.e. Tylenol pm in your new sleeping time. It helps .

How to Get What You Want in Life

Himanshu Gupta