How to Get What You Want in Life/Help with making a game-plan for my life

Question
Hello. This will be a rather long message. But I feel it is important to illustrate where I am in life and also where I want to go.

I am a 31 year old man who has decided it is time to make the most out of his life and existence. I recently took a trip to a large city and was exposed to several things that has opened my eyes. During my few days there I met people from literally all over the world and from all walks of life. This trip opened my eyes to my deep felt desire to travel the world but to also fully develop myself to be all that I can be.

I am emailing you to seek your help, wisdom, and advice in forming a blueprint on getting getting to where I want to be in life, fully developing my potential, and accomplishing my dreams.

These are some of the things I've decided to do immediately:

1. I am beginning a healthy eating and exercise routine to get in the best physical shape I can be in.

2. I am looking for some sort of social activity at least once a week (possibly martial arts) to help me better develop my social skills.

3. I am going to contact other experts for advice on a career path that will allow me to travel on a regular basis and provide financial security.

4. I am saving money to facilitate future trips to other cities to help me move towards my goal of seeing the world and also provide me the opportunity to travel my home country (United States) while I work towards seeing the rest of the world.

That said, what advice or critique would you have? I am welcome to any wisdom, suggestions, etc. you have.

Also, if you have any questions or need more details to better answer my questions, please let me know.

I look forward to hearing from you soon. Thanks

Answer
Hello Lee

I recently read about a guy who had a brilliant way to travel around the world. When he was a young man, he started a career as a waiter. Every one to two years, he would quit, and then move. Different states, eventually different countries. By the time he retired; at 85, he had lived in all 50 states, and 34 countries. When I read that, I thought; how brilliant! He never let anything 'anchor' him to one place; mortgages, etc. He said it was always easy to find a job as a waiter; everywhere! Good restaurants, bad restaurants. If the restaurant was bad; he looked for a job working for a different restaurant. And he got free meals. Most of the time he needed only black slacks and shiny black shoes! And most of the tip money was not taxed. Met thousands of different people, drove a moped.

Amazing.

Hope you as much adventure and success.

How to Get What You Want in Life

David Dickeson, A.S.