How to Get What You Want in Life/To stay or to leave

Question
Good Morning,

I want to start off saying thank you for taking the time and helping me figure this out. Currently I work as a receptionist with this wonderful company. The job i'm not fond of and I find kinda boring but this company is like none other. I love everyone I work with and I love how they run the company and there is a chance to advance within (Marketing). In fact recently the other receptionist at another location got a promotion. The only issue is for the past 3 years I've been working towards my HR diploma part time (I got my certificate in HR 2 years ago). I love HR so much, I have such a passion for it. Every class that deals with HR I excel at, But this company I work for has no HR and will probably never have one.
The other challenge is that they want me to go into marketing but I don't know if that is something I want to do...

So my question is, should I stay with this company and throw away my education or quit this company that I love to go with my career? some days i'm all for quitting and advancing myself, then I talk to a few people here and I never want to leave. i'm so torn

Thank you again

Answer
Hi Stacy,

Thank you for giving me an opportunity to reply to your situation.

If I were you, then I will talk to higher management or management head and ask him/her a possibility for yourself to earn some experience in HR department (hoping as this is big company it will surely have a HR department). You can show them your earned diploma in HR and request them to get transferred to HR. Hope this works.

If you already tried this option then I will suggest you to go through good companies (based on reviews) and apply in HR department. If you get a good offer in hands then you can think of quitting and move. You never know if the other company is better than this but try this option only when you have an amazing offer from other company in HR.

Hope this helps.

All the best..

Himanshu  

How to Get What You Want in Life

Himanshu Gupta