Warehousing/Stock accuracy

Max Nah wrote at 2013-08-15 06:09:37
Hi Ridhuan,

I have had many years of inventory management and I would like to share my knowledge with you. There are many concepts in the society that adds to the complication of business. You may want to understand more on the business needs than just plain inventory accuracy.

Do some research on VMI (Vendor Management), the use of consignment stocks, on-loan stocks, unit of measurement, defective parts, wrongly or differently labelled parts, refurbished parts, parts on wheels, parts in a kit/kitting processes, parts assembled into a tool and returned as a different item. How it is being classified in your system does make a difference in cycle count.

All these adds to the complication of managing stocks. First and foremost, you need to understand the nature of the business and what are the implementations have taken place that complicate the management of parts.

Warehousing

Dr. Giuseppe Lovecchio, CFPIM, CSCP