Washington Redskins/moving our team

How can they move the Washington Redskins, to Richmond Virginia
We're the Washington redskin, Not Virginia Redskins. its not fair to have to tell a 7 years whom love the team much has his godmother ,that they move out of state to a stated that not tier hometown ,and all the money we pull in the team going to Va.  please tell me how i explained that . its not fair and the redskin belong home here in Washington dc. can you tell me that

Don't fret. The Washington Redskins are not going to become the Richmond Redskins.

The Redskins are going to move their "summer training camp" to Richmond Virginia in 2014.  In exchange, the commonwealth of Virginia will contribute about 50% of the $30 million cost of refurbishing their current home in Ashburn Virginia.

They will still play their games in Landover, Maryland.

They are called the Washington Redskins, but they have not played, trained, or paid any taxes in Washington D.C. since 1996.

I'm sure Mister Snyder would love to sell FedEx Field and use they money to build a new stadium in Washington D.C. I expect that the Redskins are doing their best to encourage the District of Columbia to be a willing partner in some sort of charade.

Let me give you the Washington Post URL, and you can read the story for yourself.

Los mejores deseos,

Jim Considine

Washington Redskins

Jim Considine

I can answer statistical questions about professional football played in the United States. I am especially strong on the subject of the Baltimore Colts from 1947 through 1983, Washington Redskins, and the Baltimore Ravens. My services are best used when an older, obscure question is posed. The newer NFL records are easily accessible through www.NFL.com I do not appraise memorabilia. I am not an expert on Canadian Football, though I will take a shot at any questions you might pose. The subject of my expertise pertains to "American Football", as opposed to "Futball" or the game we refer to in the USA as soccer. --------------------------------------------------------- I have a good understanding and recall of the folklore about Baltimore football. Some of this information may be subjective in nature. I will give the best answer possible if this is the case.

I am an NFL Statistician with the Washington Redskins. I grew up during the days of the Baltimore Colts in the 1960's. (Please refer to the movie "Diner" for more information about the Baltimore Colts fans)

Washington Redskins Statistician, 2005-2010 Baltimore Ravens, 1996-2003

The records were used by author Jon Morgan in his book, "Glory For Sale". The records have been part of the Baltimore Ravens Media Guides since their inaugural season in 1996. I was interviewed for the cover story of The Press Box, a local, monthly sports tabloid newspaper. http://www.pressboxonline.com/story.cfm?id=5594

I researched and was able to piece together the statistical history of the AAFC Baltimore Colts 1947-49, and the 1950 NFL Colts. This information was used by The Baltimore Ravens for their 1996 Media Guide. The records were entitled "Baltimore Football Records". It was considered "unofficial" since the AAFC league records were not incorporated with the NFL records when the leagues merged. The reason that this information was created was due to the fact that the NFL had prohibited the 1996 Baltimore Ravens from bringing the records, colors, and team name from the Cleveland Browns. The Baltimore football records were presented in order to create a frame of reference. The Ravens have kept these records since 1996, adding and amending as the Ravens football team challenge these records.

I was awarded two game balls from the Ravens and was recognized for my work as the top game day employee.

Baltimore Ravens, Wise Guides, Washington Redskins