Washington Redskins/I need an expert for a question.

Question
Mr. Considine, I realize you are a specialist on Football (Redskins, especially).  You were such a TREMENDOUS HELP to me on April 22 in getting help for my 14 year old grandson, who lost all of his keepsakes in a tragic house fire. The Redskins were most kind and generous.
I've been trying to find ANYONE who might help me contact race driver, Jimmie Johnson, for assistance.  No luck, so far.  I've sent photos of the fire, letters, etc., to Hendricks Motorsports, and to Lowe's, the sponsor. No acknowledgment, at all.
Do you know of anyone I might contact who has access to Jimmie Johnson, or a charity of his choosing, that might respond?

Thank you sincerely,  Vivian Mobley  (Charleston, SC)

Answer
Redskins Stats Crew & characters
Redskins Stats Crew &  
Vivian,
I think I have an idea for you to pursue.  It's a little convaluded, but here goes ...

1.  I am a total zero when it comes to NASCAR.
2.  However, I worked under the Director of Public Relations as a statistician for the Redskins who may be of assistance.  His name is Chris Helein.
3.  As is the case with most people who work as the P.R. Director for Daniel Snyder, they usually found themselves unemployed on the first Monday of January following the end of the Redskins season.  Chris was amongst the many who found themselves in this predicament.
4.  However, Chris was able to hook up with the fellow who was resigning as the head coach of the Redskins; Joe Gibbs.  Joe hired Chris to be the PR Director for Joe Gibbs Racing.  
5.  I just checked and he still holds this position.
6.  Chris Helein is one of the classiest people I ever met in the NFL.  Hence, his working for Joe Gibbs, who is a saint amongst men, is a perfect match.
7.  One of the reasons that Joe Gibbs left the Redskins, was to spend more time with his grandson Scott, who had leukemia. For more information on this see ...
    http://scottfowlerobs.blogspot.com/2010/05/taylor-gibbs-finish-line.html
8.  I think if you write Chris, and explain to him your situation, I believe that he will be happy to hook you up with Jimmy Johnson.  You might even get some keepsakes from the Joe Gibbs Racing Team.
9.  Feel free to tell Chris that "Jim Considine", a statistician for the Redskins (I doubt he will remember who I am) suggested that you contact him regarding your grandson.

His address is:

Chris Helein

Joe Gibbs Racing
13415 Reese Blvd
Huntersville, NC 28036

I am really happy to hear that the Redskins came through.

Best wishes,
Jim Considine

PS ... I have a picture that Chris took of the the stats crew in 2005 or 2006.  I'll send it along and you can forward it to Chris with my best wishes.  By the way, Chris might be the only NFL PR Director who would have the heart to take a picture before a football game.

Washington Redskins

Jim Considine