Washington State/Spring Break Ideas in Washington

Hi, my name is Emma Englund and I am a reporter for the Viking Vanguard, which is the Puyallup High School newspaper. I am writing a story on what high school students can do around Washington over spring break and I was wondering if you had any suggestions.

Thank you so much!

Hello Emma,

Thank you for submitting your question. Unfortunately I don't believe I am the best person to answer this question as I have no idea what kids do during Spring Break. I'm in my mid-40s and not really sure what to suggest since I am a bit out of touch with the younger generation. From past experiences, most people travel to warmer climates for Spring Break which makes sense to me. My favorite place in all of Washington State is The San Juan Islands; especially Roche Harbor at the northern tip of San Juan Island. I spend several weeks through out the year in the San Juan Islands. Again, thanks for your question and I am sorry that I couldn't provide you with an answer. Safe travels!

Visit my website at:  

Washington State

David Williams

I have traveled Washington State extensively to the point where I have visited all four corners of the state and everything in between. This includes 493 cities, every lighthouse, ferry boat, mountain pass, hydroelectric dam, and even the tribal casinos. I can answer questions regarding day trips, weekend trips, scenic trips, the best towns to visit, the best roadside attractions, and anything in between.

Since January 2001, I have been on a personal project to visit all of Washington State. My travels across Washington State can be viewed on my web site:

Washington State Historical Society (Member) - (Member)

I have an AA in History, majoring in Pacific NW History.

During the course of my project, I have been interviewed by several newspapers, NPR, AAA Magazine, and KING TV's Evening Magazine in Seattle.