Washington State/Seeing Seattle

Question
Hi there.  We are two seniors planning on a trip to Seattle May 30-31 followed by a NCL cruise to Alaska. My ? is where could we stay arriving at Seattle airport that would have free shuttle service to their hotel?  Could we get a tour of the city from that hotel?  How far would we be from the cruise port and what transportation could we take to get to the cruise port?  What tours would you suggest and the cost.  I would love to see the space needle and the Chihuly museum of glass.  Thanks for an info you could provide.  Sincerely, Bev Rich

Answer
Hello Bev,

Thank you for submitting your questions to AllExperts. I may not be the best person to ask some of your questions to as I don't provide recommendations for any type of businesses (e.g. hotels, tours, etc.) I deal mostly with helping people locate attractions and landmarks to visit or assist them with where things are located throughout Washington State.

I can tell you that the Seatac Airport is about 15 miles south of Downtown Seattle. There are several companies that offer a variety of tours in and around Seattle. However, I am not in the habit of recommending specific companies. The Space Needle is located in what is called the Seattle Center, which was the site of the 1962 Worlds Fair. The Chihuly Museum of Glass is not located in Seattle. It is the City of Tacoma, which is about 20 miles south of the Seatac Airport and about 40 miles south of Seattle. Next to the Museum of Glass in Tacoma is the Washington State History Museum and the Tacoma Art Museum. However, if you only have a day or so before your cruise, heading down to Tacoma to have a look around would take up quite a bit of time.

If you stay at a hotel in Downtown Seattle, I would recommend seeing the World Famous Pike Place Market, the Seattle Waterfront, and take the one-mile historic Monorail from Westlake Center (Shopping Mall) to the Seattle Center, where you can see the Space Needle, the Pacific Science Center, Paul Allen's Experience Music Project (EMP) and several other attractions.

I hope this helps. If you have further questions, please feel free to ask. Have a good day and enjoy your stay in Seattle.

Washington State

David Williams