Washington State/Best Route

For the most outstanding view which is the best route to take between Selah and Ellensburg, Washington?
+Interstate 82
+Hwy 821, The Yakima River Canyon Road
+The Durr Road (Sheep Company)
+The Wenas Road (Umtanum)
Thanks for your help and have a Very Merry Christmas!!!

Each road offers an unique viewing opportunity.  It would also depend on the type of vehicle you are driving.  Personally, I prefer Hwy 821 (the Yakima River Canyon Road) as it provides a beautiful journey along the Yakima River; complete with a long, winding road, a recreation area to stop at for a picnic, and a great view of the Roza Dam.  If you prefer a more "rugged" road, the Wenas and Durr Roads will both work.  As for I-82; it's faster, but a bit drab.  I hope that answers your question, Jerry.  =)

Washington State

David Williams

I have traveled Washington State extensively to the point where I have visited all four corners of the state and everything in between. This includes 493 cities, every lighthouse, ferry boat, mountain pass, hydroelectric dam, and even the tribal casinos. I can answer questions regarding day trips, weekend trips, scenic trips, the best towns to visit, the best roadside attractions, and anything in between.

Since January 2001, I have been on a personal project to visit all of Washington State. My travels across Washington State can be viewed on my web site: www.visiteverycityinwashingtonstate.com

Washington State Historical Society (Member) - HistoryLink.org (Member)

I have an AA in History, majoring in Pacific NW History.

During the course of my project, I have been interviewed by several newspapers, NPR, AAA Magazine, and KING TV's Evening Magazine in Seattle.