Water Quality/reducing the pH of Drinking water

Dan Anderson wrote at 2012-12-20 10:11:48
If they require potable water to be of those limits and are not delivering it to you within the same then they should be required to adjust the water because by THIER definition the water they are delivering is not potable. You should be able to draw it right out of the faucet and bottle it in other words. Th e water you describe is however by the US EPA's definition Potable.  Potable Water is defined by the US EPA and pH 6.5-8.5 with TSS less than 500mg/L.  No minimum TSS is specified.  

Water Quality

Steve Young

I will answer questions on residential water treatment, i.e. use of softeners, filters, reverse osmosis systems, disinfection, iron and/or sediment removal and other issues facing the homeowner. I have worked extensively with well water systems.

I have worked in the water treatment area for many years as a consultant and as a professional environmental engineer in the private industry sector. I have designed reverse osmosis, deionization, and water softening systems. I have also done work in water quality and stream and river remediation as it relates to the Clean Water Act.

I am currently serving as an Expert for Home Improvement, Travel (New Mexico) and Travel (North Carolina);

BS Environmental Eng.