Water Quality/smell in hot water only

nancy wrote at 2014-03-03 01:24:50
WE have an instant on system and have a green sand filter for the same reason....sulphur smell in hot water only.  The green sand filter has worked for about 4 years and now suddenly the smell has returned.  We just added hydrogen peroxide to the system (with a plumber), but it did not seem to help.  

Water Quality

Steve Young

I will answer questions on residential water treatment, i.e. use of softeners, filters, reverse osmosis systems, disinfection, iron and/or sediment removal and other issues facing the homeowner. I have worked extensively with well water systems.

I have worked in the water treatment area for many years as a consultant and as a professional environmental engineer in the private industry sector. I have designed reverse osmosis, deionization, and water softening systems. I have also done work in water quality and stream and river remediation as it relates to the Clean Water Act.

I am currently serving as an Expert for Home Improvement, Travel (New Mexico) and Travel (North Carolina);

BS Environmental Eng.