Water Quality/water softner issues

Hi Fred , I have a greensand resin tank and a atlantic filter . My salt isnt going down , I checked and no table of salt . also when i do my pot perm treatment , and I slowly let the water out the purple isnt coming out anymore . the pot perm container says the system maybe starved ?? I have repeated treatment as suggested and still no purple . I have checked for clogs and leaks , cleaned out the brine tank , however I cant clean the injector I dont know where its located ?? I have done manual regenerations but im unsure if my filter is regenerating at all . its set for 4 am and the salt hasnt gone down at all in quite some time ?? It sounds like alot , I know , but any advice on any of these will help me a great deal . we have always had terrible water but lately our toilets have gotten that black yucky stuff down the sides Thank you for any answers !!

Hi Pat;
Sorry for the delay but my wife and I have been gone these last 3 or 4 weeks helping out in "Sandy" relief in New Jersey. You don't say who makes your equipment so unfortunately I can't tell you where your injectors are. However they are surely clogged. Pot Perm is quite an oxidizer and clogged injectors are the norm! You definitely need service. If I were you I would go to and find a certified water specialist in your area. They are professionals and don't usually charge for analyzing your problem. Then you can have good water again. You might ask if there is an alternative to the greensand and pot perm. Greensand is on of the heaviest media and requires quite a high number of gallons per minute to clean properly! I personally haven't had the best luck with them. The certified water specialist will know best after they analyze your water. Good Luck to you and Merry Christmas and Happy New Year,  Fred

Water Quality

Fred E. Brunetti CWSV

My field of expertise is in domestic water treatment. I am retired and have 28 years of experience in the water treatment field. I have earned the designation of Water Specialist, level five, from the Water Quality Association.I can offer help in the solution for private wells` problems as to `point of entry` and `point of use` treatments. these would include,disinfection,conditioning,and purification for drinking including reverse osmosis technology. Problems concerning well pumps,or plumbing or well drilling are out of my field,as well as commericial,industrial or municipal water treatment. I prefer to limit questions to the average homeowner`s use.Since retiring I have added consultation on the care and ,maintenance of domestic water treatment systems. These include filtration, conditioning/softening,chemical feed, and drinking water systems.

over 28 years testing private wells and application of various water treatment systems for a 65 year old water treatment company.Now retired and doing independent water consulting.BR>
Water Quality Association

Water Quality Association