Water Quality/Options to handle excessive TDS

Mark wrote at 2012-12-12 11:21:02
Sorry for the confusion.

First I am using potassium chloride not magnisium. My mistake.

The sample that was tested by the lab from which I quoted the numbers (PH, TDS, Etc) was directly from the well.  No softner etc.

When I say the water tastes saltly.   This is a differnt sample that is post softner.

As mentioned the sulfur smell existing in both hot and cold water lines when drawn either from the well directly or tap after it has gone through the 5micron filter and water softner.

The water softner I have is a waterboss Model 700.   

Since my Iron content is minimal I am trying to decided to put a drip chlorination system or other filter to help remove the sulfur order.

Hope this helps.

Water Quality

Steve Young

I will answer questions on residential water treatment, i.e. use of softeners, filters, reverse osmosis systems, disinfection, iron and/or sediment removal and other issues facing the homeowner. I have worked extensively with well water systems.

I have worked in the water treatment area for many years as a consultant and as a professional environmental engineer in the private industry sector. I have designed reverse osmosis, deionization, and water softening systems. I have also done work in water quality and stream and river remediation as it relates to the Clean Water Act.

I am currently serving as an Expert for Home Improvement, Travel (New Mexico) and Travel (North Carolina);

BS Environmental Eng.