Water Quality/Well Water

Hi my family has recently replaced our pump because we had no water coming from our pipes so we had our well installer replace it. However after he left our water had and still has a bad taste of iron. Is there a way to fix it? We just want water that isn't so bad tasting.

So, the well was OK before you had the pump replaced and you are just now noticing the presence of iron - is this correct?  Did he say anything about the iron?  I'm wondering if it's just a temporary condition because of the pump replacement, especially if you didn't have it before.  Let me know about that - it is  a very important piece of information.  I'll wait to hear back.
General Contractor
Environmental Engineer

PS:  Also - do you have any water analysis of your well water? Especially one that would tell us how much iron we are talking about.

Water Quality

Steve Young

I will answer questions on residential water treatment, i.e. use of softeners, filters, reverse osmosis systems, disinfection, iron and/or sediment removal and other issues facing the homeowner. I have worked extensively with well water systems.

I have worked in the water treatment area for many years as a consultant and as a professional environmental engineer in the private industry sector. I have designed reverse osmosis, deionization, and water softening systems. I have also done work in water quality and stream and river remediation as it relates to the Clean Water Act.

I am currently serving as an Expert for Home Improvement, Travel (New Mexico) and Travel (North Carolina);

BS Environmental Eng.