Water Quality/green matter in well water

About three days ago, we ran the bath water and green particles came out of faucet.  We checked another tub - same thing, the water in tub looked sprinkled with green particles, not gritty or sand like, but more plant like. Same throughout the whole house.  Later, we tried to wash a load of clothes and an indicator alarmed about pour water flow.  We checked the filter in the water inlet hose and it was completely full of what looked like chopped spinach.  It happenned all at once.  Never before this day.  The well was put in about 7 years ago.  We have no filtering system or softening system of any kind.  Our water is extremely hard, but otherwise, no other problems until now.  Our well company came out today and checked the system.  Could not determine any reason for the problem.  What should we do?

Hi Lesa;
Thanks for asking. I wish I could have answered more promptly but the old flu bug has had me laid up for weeks.
Your problem sounds unique. I have never encountered symptoms like yours. You require and on-site diagnosis. You could visit and find a certified water specialist in your area. They will diagnose your problem on site usually at no cost.Then they will give you some solutions. You will have all the information then to make an informed decision as to the cure. Try it, you have nothing to lose and may have something to gain. Best of luck, Fred

Water Quality

Fred E. Brunetti CWSV

My field of expertise is in domestic water treatment. I am retired and have 28 years of experience in the water treatment field. I have earned the designation of Water Specialist, level five, from the Water Quality Association.I can offer help in the solution for private wells` problems as to `point of entry` and `point of use` treatments. these would include,disinfection,conditioning,and purification for drinking including reverse osmosis technology. Problems concerning well pumps,or plumbing or well drilling are out of my field,as well as commericial,industrial or municipal water treatment. I prefer to limit questions to the average homeowner`s use.Since retiring I have added consultation on the care and ,maintenance of domestic water treatment systems. These include filtration, conditioning/softening,chemical feed, and drinking water systems.

over 28 years testing private wells and application of various water treatment systems for a 65 year old water treatment company.Now retired and doing independent water consulting.BR>
Water Quality Association

Water Quality Association