Water Quality/slime on well filter

Question
I have been in the house for 9 years now. never a problem before. recently we had to replace the submersible pump in our well. after it was replaced when water was restored I noticed large amounts of clear jelly like slime. similar to a jelly fish. the slime was on the filter at the well. the house water is filtered at the well prior to entry into the house. it is a inline filter on the PVC pipe. the slime is colorless and odor less. no slime in the house only in the filter. we have a 50 gallon storage tank as well. the water was out for about 4 days while waiting on parts and the pump replacement. is this normal after a pump replacement or is there a problem.
well specs: pump sits at approximate. 115 feet, it is 1hp submersible pump with 1 1/4 inch PVC. the well is 4 inch diameter. storage tank is a pre charged 50 gallon steel tank

Answer
Hi Joe;
Thanks for asking. You sound like you are experiencing clear water iron  bacteria,or as some call it clearwater iron algae. The slime will invade all of your plumbing and cause odors eventually. Check the fill tank of your commode. If the walls are slimey or you see a build up on the float, it has begun. Your wife may notice unusual yellow to orange spots on her laundry as well. I recommend that you visit www.wqa.org and find a certified water specialist in your area. They will come out and diagnose your well problem for you, usually at no cost. Then you will have enough information to make an intelligent decision.Tell them you would like to have your well and your plumbing disinfected.Or ask them how you can do it yourself. Your county agricultural agent may have directions for you too. Hope this helps and good luck,Fred

Water Quality

Fred E. Brunetti CWSV