Water Quality/Carbon particles in my filtered water!!

I have purchased a APEC RO-45 system from and flushed the system and filters as described in the instruction manual. In my first cup of water I noticed black particles in the water so I bypassed the 5th stage filter and got water straight from the tank. The water was clean and no particles so I knew it was coming from the 5th stage carbon filter. Flushing the filter for over an hour did not help either so I emailed the company and got quick response and received new filter but it seems to have particles in the water still. Does all Ro system have the same problem or is it just this company?

Hi Robert: Thanks for your question. I am on vacation sorry for the delay.The simple answer is  NO. R/O systems don't put any black particles in your water. New charcoal filters could, but flushing should remove them!I hope you flushed the new filter. If I were you I would go back to APEC and see if they will replace the whole system. It may well be faulty.That is the best advice I have for you.Check and make sure that APEC carries the seals of the WQA and NSF.If not,go with a company that does! The WQA and NSF seals confirm that the product will perform as described. Good Luck, Fred  

Water Quality

Fred E. Brunetti CWSV

My field of expertise is in domestic water treatment. I am retired and have 28 years of experience in the water treatment field. I have earned the designation of Water Specialist, level five, from the Water Quality Association.I can offer help in the solution for private wells` problems as to `point of entry` and `point of use` treatments. these would include,disinfection,conditioning,and purification for drinking including reverse osmosis technology. Problems concerning well pumps,or plumbing or well drilling are out of my field,as well as commericial,industrial or municipal water treatment. I prefer to limit questions to the average homeowner`s use.Since retiring I have added consultation on the care and ,maintenance of domestic water treatment systems. These include filtration, conditioning/softening,chemical feed, and drinking water systems.

over 28 years testing private wells and application of various water treatment systems for a 65 year old water treatment company.Now retired and doing independent water consulting.BR>
Water Quality Association

Water Quality Association