Water Quality/water slime

Question
Hi...I left filtered water out on the counter for a week (filtered by a 1 gallon Pur filtration unit) and found some kind of invisible slime on the sides and bottom of the container after using the water to make orange juice.
What is this slime (slippery stuff) that is left behind or was built up in this container? Is it dangerous? Should I throw the oj out and start with fresh water?
Thank you for any response.
kathy

Answer
Hi Kathy;
Thanks for your question. The short answer is...MAYBE! Pur filters are NOT bacteriological filters and are definetly not to be used on bacteriologically unsafe water. Pur never claims to make contaminated water safe!My understanding is that no water filter makes bacteriologicaly unsafe water safe to drink.Even though some bacteria may be known to be benign and harmless,it would be best to be cautious and avoid any water that developes a slime!
If it were my OJ I would opt for throwing it out.It is always best to refrigerate your filtered water. You might also want to have your pre-filtered water checked for bacteria just to be on the safe side. This is true especially if you detect any odor to the water at all in the filtered water! Hope this helps..bottoms up..but safely!
Best Regards,
Fred

Water Quality

Fred E. Brunetti CWSV