Water Quality/water filters

Hello,I have a well with a Big blue 10" water filter. The water from the well inters the big blue then into my water system. I have a rotten egg smell in my water. Everyone is telling me to replace my sediment filter(collects very little sediment)with a KDF-85 media filter. What do you think? I'm the only one living in the household.

Hi Terri;
Thanks for asking. Since I don't know your water or how it tests I cannot offer a valid opinion.There is a saying that goes:"There are only two kinds of people that will attempt to fix a watch; a watchmaker or a fool." My best advice would be to visit WWW.WQA.ORG. There you will find a certified water specialist in your area who will come out and test your water and diagnose your problem. They usually do this at no cost to you. Then you will have the information you need to make an intelligent decision. Having a pro come out is like chicken soup.Can't hurt...might help!
Good Luck,

Water Quality

Fred E. Brunetti CWSV

My field of expertise is in domestic water treatment. I am retired and have 28 years of experience in the water treatment field. I have earned the designation of Water Specialist, level five, from the Water Quality Association.I can offer help in the solution for private wells` problems as to `point of entry` and `point of use` treatments. these would include,disinfection,conditioning,and purification for drinking including reverse osmosis technology. Problems concerning well pumps,or plumbing or well drilling are out of my field,as well as commericial,industrial or municipal water treatment. I prefer to limit questions to the average homeowner`s use.Since retiring I have added consultation on the care and ,maintenance of domestic water treatment systems. These include filtration, conditioning/softening,chemical feed, and drinking water systems.

over 28 years testing private wells and application of various water treatment systems for a 65 year old water treatment company.Now retired and doing independent water consulting.BR>
Water Quality Association

Water Quality Association