Water Quality/Hydrotech Water Softener 52108

Question
We have an in ground Hydrotech Softener with 5600 fleck control valve. I have exchanged Main piston spacer and seals, Brine valve piston, cleaned every buttons inside the fleck unite to no avail. Because when turning on everything seems working normal, back washes, rinses, etc., EXCEPT when unit is in "Regeneration" and "In Service" water pressure rapidly slows down to nearly just drips from faucets.
When switching to By-Pass water pressure is normal. Have city water.

Thanks,

Poul Munk-Madsen
Email:  

Answer
Hi Poul;
Thanks for asking. I hope your Holiday Season is going ok. It sounds to me like your problem is a clogged mineral tank. Especially when you say "By-Pass" gives you normal flow and pressure. If you go to www.wqa.org you can find a certified water specialist who can come on-site and evaluate your problem at no cost. Then you will have the cause,and the info you need to make a practical decision. Hope this helps.
Goog Luck,
Fred

Water Quality

Fred E. Brunetti CWSV