Water Quality/well water

Question
Why do I have black water after chlorination of well? Doesn't seem to be clearing up. Thanks for any help.

Answer
Hi Bill
Thanks for asking.Sorry I am so late answering. I have been on vacation from Ohio.Went to Florida! Anyway,Chlorine is a strong oxidizer and will create black water in the presence of iron or manganese or sulfur. You don't say how deep your well is,the size of the casing, the static level of the water or the water analysis. You could have either a major or minor problem. There is no way for me to know the answer to your problem. I suggest that you visit www.wqa.org,that is the Water Quality Association. They will come to your home and do a thorough evaluation and give you some solutions. Usually at no cost to you. Then you will have the information you are looking for to make an intelligent choice. I hope this helps you!

Water Quality

Fred E. Brunetti CWSV