Water Quality/Use R/O in place of Distilled?

Question
My husbands C-Pap machine calls for distilled water....we have recently moved to a home with R/O...is it okay to used the R/O water instead of buying distilled (also in my iron)?

Thanks for a quick response.
Twila

Answer
Thanks for your question Twila. (Love that name!)
I use R/O in my C-Pap,my iron,my humidifier,even my car battery.
The reason you use distilled water is because it is very low in Total Dissolved Solids (TDS).
Reverse Osmosis is also very low in TDS usually. That is if it is properly applied and quality equipment is used. Also you can use de-ionized water. You might check www.wqa.org ,find a local certified water specialist in your area to test your water and see if you are a candidate for deionization. They can also tell you if your R/O is performing as it should. Usually they will test your water and advise you at no cost. Worth a try. It is like Chicken soup...can't hurt...might help.
thanks again, Fred

Water Quality

Fred E. Brunetti CWSV