Water Quality/stinky water/iron problem

my water in the house is smelling stong of like blood.. my well has always had a iron problem as in the laundry gets a tint of orangy, toilet gets coating, etc but i have never smelled this before.. Its been raining tons thought it could be reason.. My system is Ozone, filter in tank, also 2 small filters with a crystal light, its never worked quite right.. i live rural so there is noone who knows... there isnt any ozone smell, and the light keeps going out, Can i put a few cups or bleach into the tank? what do u suggest.

Hello Cynthia,
Well this is a new one on me.  I have never encountered a blood odor in well water and I have not had any of my clients and questioners ask about it either.  I will assume that it's probably iron related since you mentioned iron and blood has iron in it.  
I am going to need more information.  Have you ever had an analysis done on your water?  If so please provide me the details.  What kind of Ozonator are you using?  The filters you mentioned - what kind are they and what are they supposed to filter?  And what's a crystal light?  I've heard of crystal clear UV lights, although I don't know much about them.  And lastly - why do you want to put bleach in your system?  Have you done that before?

Give me the answers to these background questions and I will see if I can figure out what's going on and help you get your system up and running without the current problems.

Environmental Engineer
General Contractor

Water Quality

Steve Young

I will answer questions on residential water treatment, i.e. use of softeners, filters, reverse osmosis systems, disinfection, iron and/or sediment removal and other issues facing the homeowner. I have worked extensively with well water systems.

I have worked in the water treatment area for many years as a consultant and as a professional environmental engineer in the private industry sector. I have designed reverse osmosis, deionization, and water softening systems. I have also done work in water quality and stream and river remediation as it relates to the Clean Water Act.

I am currently serving as an Expert for Home Improvement, Travel (New Mexico) and Travel (North Carolina);

BS Environmental Eng.