Water Quality/Slimy brown water??

Hi we have lived here for over 2 years and I'm sick of the water. It turns slimy and brownish color after a while of it not moving. We cant use it in any of our things like coffee maker. It gets through all the insides and smells and looks nasty. My husband and I have been having trouble to get deep breaths lately and the Dr say nothing seems wrong. But I know my body and I just want to make sure its not the water doing anything I can fix and avoid. Please let me know what you think and give me a few ideas on where to go next. We have a 8 year old arteation well in the country.

Hi Adrienne
Thanks for your question.You do not say whether you are treating your water or not.I cannot advise you realistically with what you have shared. My best advice would be to go to and have am experienced Certified Water Specialist in your area diagnose your problem. They will come out and analyze your situation at,usually, no cost to you.You might want them to order an extensive test at an EPA certified lab.There will probably be a cost for the extensive testing. Then you will have the information you need to make a decision on what to do. You may want to inform your doctor of any results as well. That is the best I can do. Hope it helps.
Good luck.

Water Quality

Fred E. Brunetti CWSV

My field of expertise is in domestic water treatment. I am retired and have 28 years of experience in the water treatment field. I have earned the designation of Water Specialist, level five, from the Water Quality Association.I can offer help in the solution for private wells` problems as to `point of entry` and `point of use` treatments. these would include,disinfection,conditioning,and purification for drinking including reverse osmosis technology. Problems concerning well pumps,or plumbing or well drilling are out of my field,as well as commericial,industrial or municipal water treatment. I prefer to limit questions to the average homeowner`s use.Since retiring I have added consultation on the care and ,maintenance of domestic water treatment systems. These include filtration, conditioning/softening,chemical feed, and drinking water systems.

over 28 years testing private wells and application of various water treatment systems for a 65 year old water treatment company.Now retired and doing independent water consulting.BR>
Water Quality Association

Water Quality Association