Water Quality/soft water

Question
Andy, can I use the soft water that comes into the house from the water softner to fill my car battery and auto radiator? Will the sodium hurt the devices?

Answer
Hello, Sophie.
You should always follow the advice of the automobile manufacturer regarding what water is suitable for the battery and auto radiator.  High sodium levels can contribute to corrosion and could effect the chemistry in the battery.  Distilled water, available at many grocery stores, usually is priced at less than one dollar per gallon, making it the preferred choice for both applications.

Best Regards,

Doug Logan

Water Quality

Douglas Logan