Wayne, John/John Wayne's walk

Steven wrote at 2010-02-05 11:58:48
While attending University of Southern California.  Duke played football, during his spohmore year, he broke his ankle.  That ended his playing days.  One night, he stated to his partner in a cattle ranch, Alex Madonna (San Luis Obispo, CA), 'to some degree that injury may have helped develop my walk.'

J. P. wrote at 2016-01-08 04:25:42
It's no Hollywood mystery and he didn't develop it as a signature walk.  I know why Wayne moved the way he does because I suffer from the same condition - scoliosis; curvature of the spine.  I was mawked from an early age about my peculair walk and about the fact that one shoulder was lower than the other.  In John Waynes case it became his macho walk.  Since I'm only 5'5", I'm called arrogant.  Perception is measured by inches.

Wayne, John

Paul Rabe