Wayne, John/John Wayne "I never mistreated..."

commanderk wrote at 2011-10-06 19:34:45
Ive heard it on a CD entitled John Wayne:American, dont know if he said it in a movie but the CD was compiled from a TV special he did  

Rod wrote at 2013-05-27 13:09:56
the quote comes from  john waynes last movie,"The Shootist".It goes"I won't be insulted,i won't be wronged and I won't be laid a hand on,i don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them".

Susan wrote at 2015-01-01 04:15:25
Check big Jake. When some cattlemen are getting ready to hang a sheep farmer

Wayne, John

Paul Rabe

I have seen ALMOST every film with an appearance by The Duke, made since 1940, and a few dozen of those before then. If it's a film with him, I've most likely seen it, have an opinion on it, and can try to answer questions about it. I have no usable expertise for films not starring John Wayne. I know absolutely NOTHING about Wayne memorabilia. If a question is not about a FILM with Wayne in it, then I'm not the one to ask.

I saw my first film in which Wayne stars almost fifty years ago. Since then, I have seen over 120 films where he makes an appearance.

Master of Arts, University of Texas