Wayne, John/The actor James Jones

Question
I  am looking for a movie that also starred jimmy or james jones. that was his real name. the reason i am looking i met this mans relatives at a yard sale and bought a small dresser that was supposed to be in the movie and i want to see the movie.If it is in fact out there. I would like to know if the piece is a diamond in the rough. It is such a cool story to tell over and again. the older lady said her uncle jimmy was in some of john waynes movies but i have found nothing at all on him. i have grown up watching john wayne. he was a neat person.

Answer
IMDB is about the most comprehensive movie listing I could imagine. Its search function lists 63 people in the business named "James Jones"
http://tinyurl.com/am3f25e
and 25 named "Jim Jones."
http://tinyurl.com/awr9qjc
I also checked the 13 people listed under "Jimmy Jones."

None of those listed have any connection to any John Wayne film.

Unfortunately, many actors -- including John Wayne -- used stage names instead of birth names in the credits, so it is possible the "Jones" of this story used a different name when on-screen.

Is the story true? Could be. I just have no way to confirm or deny it.

Wayne, John

Paul Rabe