Web Design/Looking for an easy web site

I'm a member of a national fraternal organization (Sons of the American Revolution) where each State has several localized chapters.  Our state (Colorado) has a web site that offers each local chapter the ability to put information specific to its own chapter on the State website.  The problem is, the website updating service is far too complicated for the casual, now-and-then user (like myself).  So, what our local chapter is wanting to do is, find a cheap, easy, off-the-shelf web site we can simply load and populate.  All we'll ever want to do is post photos, feature stories (using MS Word or something) and archiving .pdf files.  We want it to be REALLY easy to use, where any chimp without any training at all can get into it and figure it out.  We don't care if we buy it in a box or, if we buy it from a vendor/host.  I've tried FrontPage and some others but frankly they do more than we need them to do and I'm thinking about some of our 75 year old members who simply won't be able to keep their sections updated unless it's really REALLY easy.   So, that's my long-winded way of asking:  Can you offer us any recommendations?  Thanks.

Hi Curt.

Here's a really short answer to your 'long-winded' question - visit and see what you think.  It's free, and really easy.  If later you decide to take it to the next level, will let you do a lot more customizations and import your data very easily.  Yep - even a chimp could do it.   

Have a great day!

Web Design

Ken Ivey

I've been developing websites for almost 20 years. If you have questions like these, I can help! Should I try this myself or hire a professional? What tools do I need? How do I sell products online? How do I make money with my website? Can I create a website without buying expensive software? How do I design a website FAST? How do I market my website? Is a BLOG a website? How do I put video on my website? What is website hosting? When will search engines find my website? OK, I've found a site I like - but now what? Can I make my website a subscription site?

I have over 20 years of practical experience with web-related issues, and some military computer training. I've worked for a computer manufacturer, and own a small technology company specializing in web-design, hosting, and internet media production. I am the webmaster of several sites, and e-newsletter editor for Rotary District 6760 which is comprised of 65 clubs throughout middle Tennessee.

I'd like to say a diploma from a revered educational facility hangs on my wall, and perhaps someday it will. In reality, everything I know has been self-taught, much of it done so in the hallowed halls of that venerable institution called "The School of Hard Knocks". (I have taken courses at a local community college, and received military computer programming training as well.)