Web Design/Web Hosting

Question
I was wondering if you knew anything about web hosting. I have been coding for about 3 years now, and have been using the basic Filezilla server. But I am starting to branch out to learn different languages such as PHP and I would like to learn how to set up the contents of a WAMP so I can do things like setting up an .htaccess. I have been trying for hours and I cant find anything on how to do this, because to my understanding, you need apache to setup an .htaccess. Whenever I try to setup an apache server I get an error. Can you help me at all?

Answer
Hi Cody - while I'm not an expert at hosting technology by any means, for coding purposes I've successfully set up Wamp and Mamp on my local machines.

There is a plethora of tutorials on the web, and I find YouTube works well for me.  Just search "setting up WAMP" or "WAMP Tutorial" - you'll find the best help there.

Also, the instructions for the respective services are quite helpful.

Good luck!

Ken

Web Design

Ken Ivey