Web Design/Wordpress Registration

Question
Hello,

I have a wordpress website, and I get approximately 30-50 registrations per day.  I have not really done anything much with this site, I have possibly 15 blog pages, 10 of which have been in place since 2012.

The site is for my Kindle books.  I don't really know why these people are registering.  I have registration allowed, but there is nothing to register for.  All of the site is visible without registering.  Do you think these are real people, should I gather the email addresses and add them to my email marketing, or is this the result of a robot of some sort.

I just don't understand the registration, why are they registering?

Thank you

Answer
Your website has probably been found by some SPAM submitting software.  An easy way to see if it's spam is to check the names and content of the comments they're likely trying to leave on your pages/posts.  They may also be trying to post articles with links back to their sites for SEO purposes.  It should be relatively easy to see if any are real people vs robots with "spun" content.

I have several clients that have posts that get spammed because commenting is open.

Unless you have a specific reason for leaving registration open - you should close it for security reasons.

Have a great day - Ken

Web Design

Ken Ivey