Web Design/wp server needs

I want to run a Wordpress+buddypress social networking site for a community of 3000 people with 75000 hits per months.  What should be the server requirement ? Please specify how much RAM. Processor  and HD such a server needs?
What measures should I take to use less computer resources?

Denver WordPress
Denver WordPress  
You can certainly set up a WordPress site to run BuddyPress for a community of 3000 people with all the hits you want. Any hosting provider can accommodate this with a typical deluxe hosting account; such as GoDaddy (which would probably be the best bet since they’re the largest in the world and could probably best match those type of server demands).

You are already stating that you prefer WP Engine, which is a very reputable company well able to handle the server demands as well. What they would call a deluxe hosting plan is a matter of semantics and terminology. I’ve never hosted on WP Engine yet, so am not intimately familiar with what they call or term different hosting packages.

I have no doubt, however, that they could accommodate that type of traffic and could set up a support package for that. How much they would charge is another matter. Based on what I do know about WP Engine, you would probably want to opt for their Professional hosting plan, which I believe is $100 per month give or take a few bucks…..

The 500 pound gorilla in the room are the unknown independent variables that you would be investing in, expecting the predicted return: How could you guarantee the 3000 people and 75000 hits per month? Would you be running a marketing campaign on Facebook, Google Ad Words, LinkedIn, related local market? To me the business side is more complex and challenging than the BuddPress matter, as WP Engine can manage the traffic without a hitch and would surely welcome the opportunity to to do, regardless of what they would title their package. The greater challenge is ascertaining the return on investment.

Web Design

David Somerfleck

I've been developing professional-level websites for small-to-medium businesses since (at least) 1998. I can answer any questions related to WordPress, website development, training, eCommerce, set up, marketing, social media integration, business management, and small business development as it pertains to integrating internet marketing, and Search Engine Optimization.

I have 10 years' experience developing websites for small to medium sized businesses, have successfully started two profitable businesses on my own, and have been training people from all walks of life in web design, SEO, and WordPress since 2010. I have a BA in English, and also have worked as a professional journalist, copywriter, editor, and educator.

Aurora Chamber of Commerce Colorado Technology Association The Internet Society Freelancers Union International Webmasters Association Denver Better Business Bureau Colorado Small Business Development Center Network Denver Metro Volunteers SCORE Denver Foothills United Way Denver IT Alliance former member Society of Professional Journalists Investigative Reporters and Editors American Federation of Teachers

Gulfshore Business magazine Naples Daily News Cape Coral Daily Breeze Fort Myers Neighbor newspaper

BA, English 10 years' experience in web design 10 years' experience in educational program management and teaching Training people in WordPress, web design, and SEO best practices since 2010

Published in over 50 periodicals

AOL Caribou Coffee Ruby Moon Investigations Even Flow Coffee small to medium businesses and startups across the US